25th March 2020
20th March 2020
With the COVID-19 situation taking centre stage, I would like to address some updates concerning I Heart Lashes and more importantly, extra strict measures around work, health and safety for clients.
- First and foremost, it is business as usual.
- Currently, any advice and policies concerning COVID-19 is closely monitored using various government sources including the Commonwealth Health Department, NSW Health and World Health Organisation.
Due to the current environment we’re in, the following safety measures will be enforced for eyelash extension appointments.
- Prior to accepting any booking, you will be asked out of general health and safety courtesy to acknowledge you have no cold or flu symptoms (fever, coughing or sneezing). This also includes whether you have recently returned from overseas or have interacted with any persons who has returned from overseas.
- If you have any of the above health symptoms, your booking will not be accepted for obvious reasons. A future date will be scheduled accordingly.
- Upon entering the premises, clients will have to use the basin to wash hands thoroughly with water and soap before start of the session.
- Single-use disposable bed cover sheets will be put in place after each session.
- If you exhibit any consistent dry cough or sneezing, for health and safety reasons the session may be abruptly terminated.
- If you are feeling unwell, your first priority is to see your local doctor or hospital. If you need any advice concerning COVID-19, please call NSW Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Looking forward to our next lash session and thank you for your continuing support for I Heart Lashes! Until then, please look after yourself, be kind to one another and don’t buy too much toilet paper 🙂